I first saw Margie Rahman at the Etsy Pop Up Store in Sydney. As I walked in Margie was giving a demonstration on her modern woven homewares range where her label ‘My Very Own Eye Goggles’ was on show.
I met Bono from U2 in the foyer of the Sheraton Hotel Brisbane in 1991.
What does a typical day in the life for Margie involve?
- Woken by my son.
- Make tea.
- Eat an egg.
- Either school drop-off, or if it’s the hols, play lego
- Try to clean something or do the washing (optional)
- Check emails
- Update social media (mainly Instagram)
- Get some work made
- Eat some lunch
- Get some more work made
- School pickup or go for a swim
- Maybe go to the post office
- Cook some dinner
- Bath/stories/bed for the son
- A bit more making (sometimes with a glass of wine)
1. Invest in great photography
2. Start an Instagram account
What is one of your FAQ’s? Do you make all this yourselves? The answer is YES!!
What is Sydney’s best kept secret?
Coledale sea pool. That and the unfathomable well of creative talent that we have here.
Images via source.